Facing today’s realignment challenges, offering reliable choices, serving communities across the state.
2011 Public Safety Realignment
The cornerstone of California’s solution to reduce overcrowding, costs, and recidivism
In 2011, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed Assembly Bill (AB)109 – historic legislation that enables California to close the revolving door of low-risk inmates cycling in and out of state prisons. It is the cornerstone of California’s solution for reducing the number of inmates in the state’s 33 prisons to 137.5% design capacity, as ordered by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Realignment Legislation began October 1, 2011
- All provisions of AB 109 began implementation in 2011
- Parole revocation handled at the local level began July 2013
AB109 (Realignment Fact Sheet)
Realignment Program Consultations
Our executives and regional staff are available to consult with government and private organizations on all community-based criminal justice solutions, including AB-109 solutions, pre-trial release, electronic monitoring assessments, residential and non-residential programs, and re-entry. We provide expert consultation in California, throughout the United States and internationally. LCA is invested and involved in the organizations that watch, evaluate and track the trends, issues, laws, and successes in this field. We offer a unique perspective, based on over 35 years of criminal justice experience. LCA is the team to work with, when you need a greater understanding of:
- Technology options and capabilities
- What makes programs more effective and successful
- How comprehensive case management can increase program success
- Financial benefits of utilizing electronic monitoring programs
- Social impact of electronic monitoring programs
- Jail depopulation strategies
Let us show how we can help. As your partner, LCA is committed to your success. Contact LCA today!