Community Assessment and Services Center
Community Assessment and Services Center (CASC)
San Francisco’s One-Stop Re-Entry Center
564 6th St., San Francisco, CA 94103
Main:415 489 7300Fax:415 489 7325
Serving the comprehensive needs of probationers and the emerging realignment population. LCA’s CASC was created in partnership with the San Francisco Adult Probation Department (SFAPD). Parolees and probationers face many challenges and obstacles upon release from custody. Statistics show they face a high rate of recidivism without effective, immediate intervention. The CASC was created to meet these needs, and serve this population to assist them with a smooth transition back into their communities.
Through the CASC, participants receive treatment, training, and individualized services. These comprehensive services are essential to achieve positive change and successful community integration.
The CASC Provides::
- A full range of activities supporting emotional, educational and recovery needs.
- Onsite services 6 days a week, offered at no-cost to the participants.
- Individualized plans and 7-days-a-week schedules to keep participants engaged, and on-program even when they are not at the Center.
- Collaboration with key specialized community organizations.
- Onsite Food Services.
Evidence-Based Program Services
Individualized services are provided after SFAPD completes a risk/needs assessment and identifies qualified participants.
- Assessment and individualized, strength-based treatment plans
- Case management
- Treatment Services
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Gender-responsive Programs
- Relapse Prevention
- Life Skills Training
- Vocational Training and Development
- Onsite GED Programs through 5 KEYS Charter School
- Employment Readiness
- Bilingual Services
- Peer Support Groups
- 12-Step Recovery Groups
LCA partners with other community organizations to provide additional services at CASC. Our onsite partners include:
- America Works
- Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ)
- Community Works/West
- Five Keys Charter School
- Senior Ex-Offender Program
The CASC co-locates a wide range of services and space for public sector partners, including:
- Child Support Services
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Department of Public Health
- Tenderloin Housing Clinic
Additionally, case management services are provided at the San Francisco County Jail #2 in the Re-entry Pod including:
- Evidence-based group facilitation
- Individual sessions
- Transitional services
The addition of these partners and organizations onsite, creates a one-stop shop where participants can efficiently address many key re-entry barriers they face everyday after being released into the community.
For more information contact:
Jeff Essex, Program Director, CASC